BGI COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
ROLLING INTO A STRONGER COMMUNITY
Bicycle Garage Indy is a leader in the bicycling community, spearheading many initiatives to further bicycling in the community locally and statewide. We believe that bikes make our communities healthier, cleaner, and more enjoyable places to live and work. Some of our initiatives include:
- Sponsors and supports bicycle organizations and events, including the NITE Ride and Indianapolis Bike to Work Day
- Provides financial and promotional support to trail and greenway development
- Provides financial and promotional support to bicycle advocacy organizations
- Provides financial, promotional and administrative support to Indiana BikePort, a statewide initiative that provides first-class bicycle parking facilities to promote bicycle commuting
- Partner in Shifting Gears, a program that refurbishes donated bikes and donates them to charitable organizations
- Works closely with the Indianapolis Department of Public Works to develop a comprehensive bike plan for Indianapolis
- Has a full-time Advocacy Director on staff to help direct advocacy projects, programs and community involvement efforts
- Sits on the Indianapolis Bicycle Advisory Council
In addition to BGI’s community involvement and advocacy efforts, Randy Clark, President and Founder of Bicycle Garage Indy, personally serves on the CIBA Foundation board, Bicycle Indiana board and is the Managing Member of IN BikePort.
Bicycle Garage Indy is also a Gold Level Bicycle Friendly Business, an honor awarded by the League of American Bicyclists, and has been named Retail Advocate of the Year by Bicycle Retailer and Industry News.
If you would like to request support for your organization or event, please read our guidelines and complete our online donation request form.