BICYCLE MAINTENANCE CLASSES
LEARN THE ART OF BICYCLE MAINTENANCE
- The cost of each class is $29.99.
- Register for all five of the 200-level courses in one transaction and use promo code '5PACK' to get the 5th class for free. (save $29.99)
- Ask about our Youth Program!
- Classes are held on Saturdays at 8am at our North and South locations; classes last approximately 90 minutes
- Class size is limited. Pre-registration is required!
- Classes at our Downtown location are by appointment only. Request an appointment.
- Download our complete 2018 Maintenance Class Schedule
- How to Fix Flat Tires Videos
BICYCLE MAINTENANCE CLASS OPTIONS
101: BICYCLE MAINTENANCE CLASS #1
Perfect for new cyclists! Topics Covered will include basic bicycle terminology, wheel removal, flat repair, and chain lubrication. Time is also allowed for a question and answer period.
102: BICYCLE MAINTENANCE CLASS #2
201: DERAILLEUR SYSTEMS CLASS
202: HUBS AND CASSETTE CLASS
203: WHEEL TRUING CLASS
204: HEADSET, BB AND CRANKS CLASS
205: BRAKE SYSTEMS (MECHANICAL)
Additional Bicycle Education Resources
All our classes are based on the Park Big Blue Book of Bicycle Repair, the industry standard for bicycle maintenance. No matter what your DIY (Do It Yourself) comfort level, this is a handy reference if you are taking a class with us or practicing your skills at home.
Along with our Bicycle Maintenance Classes, Bicycle Garage Indy offers One-on-One TechWise instructions. If you want the flexibility of personalized, hands-on mechanical training, One-on-One TechWise sessions are based on your needs and your schedule. These sessions cover advanced topics as well as any basic topics you may want to cover. Learn more about BGI TechWise and other One-on-One learning opportunities at BGI.
Throughout the year, Bicycle Garage Indy and BGI Fitness also host in-store events and other clinics covering a wide range of bicycling and fitness related topics. Watch the Bicycle Garage Indy Calendar and sign up for our email newsletter for more information.