Verve 1 Disc Lowstep is an introductory hybrid bike designed for comfort and confidence on recreational rides. It has a lowstep frame that makes it easy to mount and dismount, disc brakes that provide stopping power in any weather, and wide tires for extra stability. This ride is dependable, affordable, and full of features that make for comfortable everyday adventures.
It's right for you if...
Comfort is king. You want to ride roads and paths on a bike that keeps you in a more upright posture and has comfort-forward details like a padded seat, a Lowstep geometry, and the widest, most stable tires in the hybrid bike family.
The tech you get
A lightweight aluminum frame with a lowstep design that makes it especially easy to mount and dismount, 21 speeds to help you conquer varied terrain, ergonomic grips, a Bontrager padded saddle, wider 45c tires for added stability, powerful disc brakes, and a geometry that keeps you in a comfortable, upright riding posture.
The final word
Verve 1 Disc Lowstep delivers quality comfort at an unbeatable value. The lightweight frame, impressive braking power, durable parts, and comfort-forward design make Verve 1 Disc Lowstep a great choice for anyone who wants to get more enjoyment out of recreational rides.
Why you'll love it
- Verve's upright geometry puts you in the perfect position to see the world around you
- This bike brings people together—attach a trailer and tow your kids, meet up with friends to cruise the bike path, or commute to the office with coworkers
- The lowstep frame design makes it easy to hop on and go, and hop off when your ride is over
- Disc brakes perform well in any weather, let you slow down or stop faster, and require less effort to activate than rim brakes
- Like every Trek hybrid, it's backed by Trek's Lifetime warranty, which means you get a companion for life
|Frame||Alpha Gold Aluminum, low-step design, DuoTrap S compatible, disc brake, rack & fender mounts|
|Fork||Steel, disc, rack mounts, 415mm axle-to-crown|
|Headset||1-1/8" threadless, semi-integrated, semi-cartridge bearings|
Front: 5x100mm QR
Rear: 135x5mm QR
|Rims/Wheels||Bontrager Connection, alloy, double-wall, 32-hole, schrader valve|
Front: Formula DC-20, alloy, 6-bolt
Rear: Formula DC31 alloy
|Tires||Bontrager H5, wire bead, 30 tpi, 700x45c|
|Bottom Bracket||VP BC55P, 68mm, threaded|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Tourney TY510, 34.9mm clamp, top swing, dual pull|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Altus M310|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||SunRace MFM300 freewheel, 14-34, 7 speed|
|Shifters||Shimano Altus EF500, 7 speed|
|Handlebars||Trek Urban alloy, comfort sweep, 25.4mm, 45mm rise|
|Stem||Bontrager quill, 25.4mm clamp, 25 degree|
|Brakes||Tektro MD-M280 mechanical disc, 160mm rotor|
|Pedals||Wellgo nylon platform|
|Seat Post||Bontrager alloy, 27.2mm, 12mm offset|
* Subject to change without notice.