In a world where aluminum is used to replace brass for cost, and plastic is used to replace aluminum for cost, and so on, we felt the need to re-imagine this most iconic of cycling tools as an heirloom-quality objet d'art. The utmost care has been taken to machine the part using mono-crystalline diamond tooling to get the perfect surface finish, while the final feel of the part benefits from an investigation into more than 20 different styles and depths of knurl so that it will feel 'just-so' in your hands as it provides a lifetime of useful enjoyment. This is truly a tool you will hand down to your children and them in turn onto theirs.
The Iconic SILCA Presta Only Head (formerly the 30.0) has been updated during its transition to American production. The highly efficient push-on design securely seals on Presta valves with no levers or buttons to operate.
- Iconic Silca Presta Head Design: in use by more pro team and shop mechanics than any other!
- 17-4 Stainless Material, 6X the strength and 2X the hardness of Brass
- Full Synthetic Elastomer 242 Gasket with 5X the durability of traditional rubber materials
- Pressure-amplifying dome geometry uses air pressure to clamp the valve stem
- Schrader valve thread on hose side threads into any Schrader compatible hose attachment