Head Of The Pack
The Z20 is the result of years spent analyzing how helmets fit, optimizing aerodynamics, reviewing test data, gathering real-world feedback, and applying our cumulative knowledge of impact management. Our unique progressive layering energy management system utilizes two separate layers of hard-shelled EPS foam in addition to Integrated MIPS -- enabling us to improve impact performance via multi-density foam and at the same time deliver a more compact overall shape, sleeker design and maximized ventilation. And thanks to a smart combination of the MIPS layer and retention system, the Z20 sets a new standard in fit and comfort. Superb fit is further optimized with the Float Fit Race retention system, featuring height- and width-adjustable cradles and an intuitive, easy-to-use tension dial, and then finished off with our comfortable and sweat-wicking X-Static padding. No matter how long, hot or hard the ride is, the Z20 will ensure that cool heads prevail.
- MIPS-equipped: MIPS stands for Multi-directional Impact Protection System, which is a leading slip-plane technology inside the helmet designed to reduce rotational forces that can result from certain impacts.
- Construction: Progressive layering: the process of engineering a helmet liner with variable eps foam densities to better manage the transfer of energies after some impacts; Fusion in-mold polycarbonate shell - a process pioneered by Bell bonds the helmet's outer shell to the EPS foam liner to create a sturdier helmet.
- Number of vents: 18
- Interior/liner type: Sweat guide pad design pulls moisture away from the brow pad and away from eyewear; X-static padding - quick-drying materials, woven with real silver fibers, inhibit growth of odor-causing bacteria and fungi
- Ventilation type: Overbrow ventilation features intake ports on the brow of the helmet to usher in cool air and push it through the air-channel matrix for full-head ventilation
- Fit system: Float Fit Race - Overbrow ventilation features intake ports on the brow of the helmet to usher in cool air and push it through the air-channel matrix for full-head ventilation
- Weight: 305 grams (size M)
- Small = 52 – 56cm
- Medium = 55 – 59cm
- Large = 58 – 62cm